Hemangioma is an abnormal buildup of blood vessels in the skin or internal organs.
Hemangioma is an abnormal buildup of blood vessels in the skin or internal organs. Causes About 30% of hemangiomas are present at birth. The rest appear in the first several months of life.
The hemangioma may be:
• In the top skin layers (capillary hemangioma)
• Deeper in the skin (cavernous hemangioma)
• A mixture of both
• A red to reddish-purple, raised sore (lesion) on the skin
• A massive, raised tumor with blood vessels
• Most hemangiomas are on the face and neck.